Another quick question...

Hi again...

First, Thank You!... for your help with my earlier question.
Now I have another question for you. A friend passed on recently and left me this Black Powder Gun and, I was just curious if you could please tell me any thing about the gun. I found the words "Spain" and a six digit Serial Number on the barrel. Once again, Thanks for all your help.:)

hi am welcome

what would really help, is some pics of the prominent or identifing features of the weapon. the word spain is too vague for an ID :D

Here are two pictures of the gun

Sorry, I tried to upload them earlier, I must of screwed up some where along the line.

Thanks.

Attachments

• AVHHCA0JC074CA56J0APCAZREV22CAJ3VN59CA9OC1GRCARO9I8YCA9ZUX4ECADZN0DECAI61J7FCAHH278NCAEGWCD9CAT0.jpg
    AVHHCA0JC074CA56J0APCAZREV22CAJ3VN59CA9OC1GRCARO9I8YCA9ZUX4ECADZN0DECAI61J7FCAHH278NCAEGWCD9CAT0.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 77E1CAIYN4DPCASRZLYPCA2KHC49CAJ0C8Q4CAYUOYGLCA0H1YKPCAF86S34CATH2ANWCA2NWXCICADAYK61CAPOJ667CA3L.jpg
    77E1CAIYN4DPCASRZLYPCA2KHC49CAJ0C8Q4CAYUOYGLCA0H1YKPCAF86S34CATH2ANWCA2NWXCICADAYK61CAPOJ667CA3L.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 45
This is going to be a modern Spanish black-powder percussion replica of an early single-shot handgun, but we'd need a bit more information on it to tell you any more. An overall picture would help, along with the calibre (which should be marked on the barrel) and the barrel length. It should also have the manufacturer or the logo of the manufacturer marked on it, but may only have the name of the American distributor. I would also check it with a cleaning-rod to make sure that the last owner didn't leave it loaded, which has happened more than once. You should be able to stick a rod completely down the barrel, mark it with your thumb, and then hold it against the outside of the barrel to make sure it goes down at least as far as the "nipple", the hollow tube that you'd put a percussion cap onto.

Back