Another new to me Taurus from the good 'ol days

EIGHTYDUECE

Found this near 100% model 82 at the local gunshop. It is a 1993 according to Taurus. The bluing is perfect except for a faint turn ring. The face of the cylinder hardly has any noticeable burn rings. The muzzle is perfect like new. It looks like maybe 20 rounds may have been fired and then it was stored away. It locks up tight with no end shake. I got it for $329. The bluing looks very nicely done. It rivals a S&W easily. I have an excellent condition 1994 Taurus model 66 snub and love it. This is in even better condition. I didn't need it, but I sure like the Taurus revolvers from this period. I am a S&W fanboy and have them, but I am parcial to these older polished blued Taurus's from the 1990s.

20180330_171615a.jpg

20180330_171731a.jpg

Taurus guns of the '90's were great values and equal to what Ruger & S&W were putting out then. You got a great deal.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Some of you guys still live in a fog but are careful enough to include comments about....when you get a good one......still a crap shoot with Taurus. Guess I should leave Taurus alone but past experience is still vivid in my mind.

Shurshot, Comment further on the Tyler T Grip, many readers probably are not familiar with that nifty little device. I have T grips on a half dozen Smith revolvers...went to buy another the other day and they are no longer $7.95 but now sell for about forty bucks shippped.

I'm not Sureshot, but I'm a big fan of grip adapters. I use BK's now however. http://www.bkgrips.com/

The best thing about BK's is you can order and pay on the internet and I always get them in the mailbox in two or three days. The also have two clips to hold them steady.

Here's an example. Tyler's look and work pretty much the same.

My only Taurus purchase ever was this used Model 96 22lr. Looking in the gun case at first glance I thought it was a Smith 17. I read a lot of Taurus horror stories but this one looked almost new and I decided to take a chance.

When to the range and fired, bang-bang-click-click-bang-click: :mad: I could not believe it! Well I decided to look at the hammer spring and to my amazement there was an adjustment nut. Increasing the tension eliminated the misfires! Been real pleased with this one and back when I could still see the sights it was a pretty accurate shooter.

Attachments

• Taurus 96.jpg
    Taurus 96.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 28
I have used Tyler-T grips for years... they fill out the smaller S&W wood grips nicely. I have one on my model 10, one on my 19-3 Snub Combat Magnum, and another on a Snub model 29 .44 Magnum. Used to have a Chief model 36 snub with a set too, but I traded that off in 90 or 91. Nope, they sure are not $7.95 any longer, but well worth the price if one likes the look of the original wood. Might find a used one at a gun show or on "that Bay" site. As far as Taurus, my mid 80's model 66 6" .357 and model 99 9mm are two of the most dependable and duarable guns I own. Both bought new in 1986 and have thousands of hot rounds through them, 'nary an issue. Guess I got lucky...

Last edited:
I have a Model 84 (very similar with adjustable sights) with Hogue grips that is very nice, tight and accurate. It is as good or better as other guns of the era and it's the reason I bought new Taurus handguns.

Back