Another new S&W M36 owner with a ?

ATTICUS

I traded a guy for an old beat up snubbie this weekend. It has some rust, and some of that is deep, with a tiny bit of pitting in the barrel as well. I removed most of the rust with 0000 steel wool and Flitz, but the steel was discolored and pitted. So... then I took a stupid pill, took some fine emory cloth to the metal, and lastly tried to cold blue it. BIG MISTAKE- it be real ugly now.
Is there anyone out there who could polish and refinish this piece for a reasonable price? Parkerize it maybe? I don't expect much really, but I can't stand to look at real ugly guns, especially when I contributed so much to make it that way. JEEEEZ! Suggestions?

Might want to shoot it a bit first to see how it likes you. If a good shooter, then worth puttin some more bucks into.

Sam

I think I'm going to have to pick up one of those Tyler T-grips before I shoot it . The grip is waaaay to little for me, but it has very nice stag grips that I'd like to keep. I'll check out the bead blasting option and go from there. Thanks guys!

Back