Another new one

grubbylabs

Well here is my newest accurate mold. It is a 45 230 H. It is basically the same as my first mold the 230 D but without the shoulder. I am going to try casting with it later this afternoon.

Attachments

• DSCN0052.jpg
    DSCN0052.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 49
I was thinking that would make a nice 45 Colt hunting boolit if it were about .030" longer and about .002 fatter. My 1911's like the Lee H&G 68 TL copy but that 230 boolit looks like a good stopper and should feed in any 1911. I like it!

It is basically the 230 D that he offers but I had him remove the shoulder so it would feed a little better in my XD. So I would imagine it would do great in your 1911. If you shoot me a PM I could probably send you a few to see if you like them. Of course I am not responsible for any ensuing purchases.

Thanks, I'm good on 45 acp boolits. I'm just thinking it would be a good profile for a hunting boolit. I have the Lyman 452424 but was thinking a TL version of the 452664 would look a lot like your mould, only a bit longer.
No danger of purchases at the moment, spent the early part of the evening in a furniture store. Don't think I'll feel like spending money for awhile.:(

No problem, I don't mind sharing as I have been the recipient of a great deal of generosity from folks on this forum and several others. I have received brass, molds, and bullets from several different folks so I don't mind passing along the generosity.

And my condolences for your wallet. But I hope you like your furniture.

Agreed about the generousity of folks around here. I find the experience shared much more valuable than tools or components.
With so many cool things on my wish list it's hard to buy something as mundane as furniture but both pieces have needed replacing for some time and are on the verge of being unuseable. I'm afraid I'll still have visions of the nice Sharps rifle that could have been when the furniture truck pulls up.
The Uberti Bird's Head in 45 Colt I picked up before heading to the furniture store softened the blow a bit. Think I'll be needing to cast some more of those Keith boolits my RBH likes as soon as the holidays and hunting season are over. I'm thinking his boolits may be a bit too modern-looking for this gun, that's why your new mould caught my attention. For now I'll just use it for decoration, nice complement to my western motif. ;)

Last edited:
Back