Another LGS Find

yournodaisy

Ok folks...posted the other week about a LGS find. It was Husqvarna 9000 im 7mm Mag. Well...I found another old gun I liked. Winchester model 88 in .308. Has an older mint condition Weaver scope of the correct era. Rifle is a 1961 production and is conservatively about 90+ percent overall. Bore is bright and shiny no issues. Thought I would share. First one of these I've ever owned. Old man buying old guns.

Last edited:
I've always liked the Model 88. The scope that came with your rifle certainly belongs there; a great set-up for then and now.

Gotta admit though that hearing something made in the 1960s as old really hurts.

Experienced perhaps or mature but not vintage or old.

My departed BIL shot many deer with a 88 in 243. In 308, it will have some bite without a recoil pad, and the drop at the comb can put the scope in your face. Not as accurate as the BLR, but still MODeer.

Oh yeah, the Model 88 is one beautiful rifle. I looked for 20 years for a great condition, early style clover leaf recoil block, carved checkering version in .308. I finally found one in unfired condition with a beautiful stock with a factory added Winchester recoil pad (yes, they use to do custom orders all the time back then).

The owner said the stock was too pretty to hunt with it so he put it up but sadly got Parkinson's Disease before he could shoot it. I got it from the widow of the owner who ordered it for him for Christmas in 1959. All I added was a Redfield scope and sling.

WqIU1wP.jpg

Back