• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Another "Less Serious" Forum ...

Brian Gibbons

I would like to ask if there has been any consideration given to the possibility of creating another forum, similar to general discussion, but one where folks can post replys without worrying about being politically correct. I enjoy the "goofy" and humourous replies that many TFLers make but it seems that more and more folks are becoming offended at certain replies made to their postings. I am actually disappointed when the moderators caution us to treat the subject matter "seriously" because it stifles the posting of some very funny and entertaining responses. Lets be honest... some of the topics and questions posted on "General Discussion" just scream for a witty comeback. The new forum could be called something like "Pot Shots" or "Gun Nuts". We need a forum for TFLers who like to joke around without offending those who are sensitive to dry humour or sarcasm ...

Brian-
Stick around....wit and dry humor is hardly against the rules at TFL. In fact, there are only 4 reasons why Staff steps in: http://www.thefiringline.com/Misc/Policy.html None of these include the commission of humor.

Yup, TFL tends to be more "serious" than other Boards. We also tend to be a bit more on topic, informative and better behaved. That happens to be our niche. Check out the Announcement on the new software....there's a feature there for private messaging which allows for uncensored comments at will. Clowns may not appreciate the feature, as they have an insatiable demand (birthright?) for public audience. ;) Such audience is available at a number of other sites.

Here's a site for great humor and uncensored comment: http://www.hardcoretalk.com.
Rich

Brian - What you may have seen that appeared to be censorship or lack of humor from an admin/mod is when a poster goes far beyond accepted humor or wit.

Heck, if we were to disallow humor or even a little friendly sarcasm, I'd have to turn in my resignation right now and I don't see that happening. It is easy to distinquish humor from personal attacks even though they may look like humor.

Wet humor tickles my radius/ulna juncture.

Shaken or stirred both ok, just don't put crosshairs on another poster.

Or...rational arguements are not rationed.

Sam..

Hey RAE...are you saying the BHP is a joke???

:rolleyes:

Here comes the flames...EVERYONE FIND COVER...

G

BHP a joke?!?! Hardly. If you check out the lock n load section, then read the back to back messages by Dead and Dinosaur you might understand the humor of it.

Ahh!! So that's the humorous part. I wasn't going to say anything, but I didn't "get it". Maybe if we had read the thread at around 6:51 AM EST, it would have been apparent. :D

Hey Mal...you forgot the crucial element...lots and lots of fire water...:D

G

Back