Another HS200 review

o-town

Before I review this gun, I would like to let you guys know that the HS2000 is my first gun. I shot just about every brand you can think of at the range (East Orange Shooting Range, except for the HS2000). I went into the shop to buy a glock, but was persuaded by the employee to buy the HS2000. (This is a very big selling pistol for them!) I'm very glad I did!!

As you have read in other posts, the HS2000 is an excellent gun. This is completely true. I have fed 400 rounds through it so far, and I haven't had a problem! If you want to see what the gun looks like, feel free to visit:
http://www.hsarms.com
The HS2000 is an incredibly accurate pistol! Much more so than the Glocks I have fired (I have nothing against glocks, I almost bought one). I consistantly shoot in the 9, 10 ring with no effort. The most attractive features of the 2000 are it's safety features! It has 4 safety features (none of them would slow you down if you needed to use it for defense!) These features include a trigger safety, a grip safety (like a 1911), a loaded chamber indicator (slightly raised if there is a round in the chamber), and a little rod thats visible when the gun is cocked. I would feel very confident carrying this gun safetly due to the grip safety!

Going back to the topic of firing the HS2000, it eats +P's like they're nothing!!! No problems at all, you can't even feel additional kickback!!! I use Triton Quik-Shok 115gr. QSHP. The mag holds 10 rounds, and with the +P,I never feel unarmed. It's important to me to feel confident with my gun! If you guys have any specific questions, please let me know.

On a closing note, I would like to say that I would recommend this gun to everyone!!!! It is extremely safe and reliable, and cheap. If anyone knows of an IWB that holds this gun, please let me know. it seems kind of big for CCW. My permit should arive in about 2 months, I might get a small revolver or a P9.

How does the trigger compare to a glock? I mean can to compare and contrast the feel of the triggers. It soundsl like you have shot Glock pistols too. I have a G19 and a CZ-75 and I loooove the CZ grip. The HS seems to have the same grip profile (except for the grip safety)from the pictures.

Did the grip safety cause any problems? I ask because I had a 1911 and I would occasionally have a failure to fire because my hand wasn't depressing the grip safety when shooting.

shiro

The trigger pull is very smooth, and the same everytime (like the glock). the grip safety has yet to give me a problem. Ergonomically, my hand seems to press it in when I go to shoot it, it is anything but a hassle

I guess the importer is REAL motivated to move these guns.

I saw a show price a few weeks ago of $289 NIB! When you can get a quality auto for LESS $ than a Ruger, that's a deal.

Dispite the fact that the HS2000 looks like the pistol for those who couldn't decide what to get - It is a decent pistol.
I am glad to see the prices at affordable levels.

Back