Another holster thread. Deep concealment.

Pond James Pond

Nothing very demanding!!

I'd just like to have some links to any manufacturers of holsters that are designed to tuck the gun IWB, below the belt line.

I've seen these referenced, but can't find the brands anymore.

IWB usually still means that the butt protrudes. This means (for me at least) either having to wear my shirt/T-shirt untucked or wearing another layer on top.

I'd like to see if these deep concealment holsters allow for a shirt to be worn tucked, and still keep the gun out of sight.

So any links appreciated.

Last edited:
if you got a versa-carry but specified the length to be longer than your actual barrel, this would put the the clip below the grip of the rifle. this would be concerning for me, because it would likely also not put the trigger cover where it needs to be, but since I believe you said you aren't allowed to carry chambered, this may not be an issue. or you could just make your own cut-outs for the trigger cover plate.

I mention this because I made the mistake of doing just this, bought a 4" holster or medium or something, but it was a sub-compact and it covered the entire pistol, this would not be and option for a revolver since the cover is blocked by the housing of the trigger. BTW, the versa-carry for revolvers makes a very safe pocket-holster, not so much for the semi-auto's because does not cover both sides of trigger.

if your not familiar with the system, here's a pic of the revolver and semi types. note the semi-auto, if you bought one for a long-slide, it would sink the pistol way down of the device, letting you keep the grip at the pant-line....again, the trigger cover would need to be modified if planned to carry one in the pipe this way. the holster system has it's short-comings for sure, I only use it because I can tuck in my work shirt between the top inch of gun and holster, it does not allow the pistol to become dislodged when untucking quickly, that is the only real benefit to this system for a semi. I do like most of the entire revolver design though

Thanks for the recommendations. According to the Smartcarry website, they and Thunderwear (good pun) are one and the same.

I've contacted Smartcarry about the ubiquitous challenging of sending something across the Atlantic and so far no answer.

I'll sit tight for now.

Ive used both, and prefer the Smart Carry over the Thunderwear. Quality of material and workmanship just seems better.

Wow. You're up early/late!

I'd probably go for Smartcarry myself, too.

I did a mock online purchase and Estonia is on a drop-down list, but that may just be a default programme on the billing page.

I'll hold fast until they respond, or I try a v. quick call this evening.

Back