Another gadget for 7.62x54R Mosin Nagent

UpandAtIt

Ok.... I bought this and it is cool to use. I have mostly shot cheap reloaded .32 acp out of it but have also shot .32 longs.

It is a multi caliber chamber converter for the 7.62x54r. I have used this in both my M44 Scout as well as my 91/30 with very good results. The main thing it does is tame down the agressive report, flash and kick. It is also great for close in varmit control.

You can get them here at Sportsmans Guide, I am sure other places carry them.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=587989

32adaptor.jpg

One warning though, depending on make of your rifle.... aka Rus, Yug etc, the chamber insert may require really minor fitting (polishing the shoulder of the insert, polishing the head of the insert)

In use at the range, it makes the rifle handle much like a .22 mag in both report and kick from a rifle. The accuracy is approx 2" at 50 yards, mine shot a lil high and to the left but good groups. Added the baynet to the 91/30 and they shot almost dead on x-ring with the same sized groups (odd but the facts show it works)

I loaded my .32 acp with the lowest cost supplies I could find (too many sources to list, but if you reload, you know them already) and the cost per round comes to about .27 cents a piece when loaded in batches of 300 rounds.

This is cheaper per round cost than the Chek Training Rounds (44 grain lower power rounds with a hollow bullet, good out to 100 or so yards) and my kids loved shooting it with all the avail low pwer options. I even like shooting the .32 and the training rounds just for plinkability.

Last edited:
I got one from Sportsman's Guide. It fits into the chambers of both my Moisins without any trouble. I've only had it to the range once, but it worked pretty well with the variety of .32 ammo I tried out of it. Definitely increases the options for low(er) noise, short range shooting, as long as one doesn't expect anything beyond that out of it.

Attachments

• MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 28
I loaded my .32 acp with the lowest cost supplies I could find (too many sources to list, but if you reload, you know them already) and the cost per round comes to about .27 cents a piece when loaded in batches of 300 rounds.

This is cheaper per round cost than the Chek Training Rounds (44 grain lower power rounds with a hollow bullet, good out to 100 or so yards) and my kids loved shooting it with all the avail low pwer options. I even like shooting the .32 and the training rounds just for plinkability.

....I just reload the 7.62x54R....
It's the reloading world, after all. You can tune for recoil; tune for accuracy; tune for velocity; or any combination you can imagine. There are plenty of good bullets out there, if you do some searching. For low velocity loads, there are a large number of cast bullets (some gas checked), as well.

For 7.62x54R loads, my cost is about what your .32 Auto is running: $0.26 to $0.33 per round. But... I can load them in the magazine, instead of single-loading and fiddling with a chamber adaptor. Brass is easier to find than most people think. :D

I always wondered why they made this for the rifle that shoots the cheapest centerfire round on the planet.

I guess for reloaders that would be OK, but commercial 32ACP is way more expensive than surplus '54R.

Now if they had one of these for a .303 Enfield, that might be interesting...

No, they stay in the chamber if you lightly just pull back on the bolt, otherwise the adaptor would get all dinged up. I bought 5 adaptors and I sit and reload them for the kids as they shoot. You also have to knock out the shot brass from the adaptor with a small dowel rod after like 20 shots or so, all in all, just fun plinker shooting.

POI is not a factor as they are not that accurate to begin with, they are just for plinking and mostly for those that can reload cheaply. The cost of rounds is not so much a factor as is the kids and wife being able to shoot the Naggy w/o losing teeth on full power loads. The 44 grain Chech training rounds are not always avail.

I do not even think of trying to reload steel mil-surp (I am not even sure they can be, never tried). I do however reload my norma and winchester naggy brass, but I do not waste the rifle compents on subdued reloading. It is much easier to load cast bullets and use off mfg low cost primers in the .32acp.

I am sure Briley, Gage Masters and some other reducer makers have the .303 chambered down to something, I have no clue what though. There are many 30-06, .308 and other .30 cal reducers so I cannot imagine why there would not be a .303 one avail.

Back