Another Face

Status
Not open for further replies.

roy reali

Mount Rushmore has Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and Teddy Roosevelt depicted on it. That means we have had 17 presidents since the last one represented by Roosevelt. Of all the presidents since then, who, if any of them do you think would deserve to have his likeness carved into Mount Rushmore?

I would nominate Ronald W. Reagan.

The story I heard was that the original concept was to span the centuries. Two guys from the 18th, one guy from the 19th, and one guy from the 20th. We need a guy from the 21st. I'll admit Reagan would be good (just for the looks on Liberals' faces), but a 21st century guy kind of makes sense. Rushmore's going to be there for a long time.

Hey, anybody for W?

The first thing that should be done is have Thomas Jefferson's face dynamited off the mountain and replaced with that of John Adams.

Based on the gravity of the challenges he led the country through I would say FDR should be the next one to go up on Mt. Rushmore.

As far as the premise of the thread, I recall reading that Mt. Rushmore is not suitable to have any more faces carved on it due to faults and cracks.

Hey, anybody for W?

I think the idea is that we put good presidents on, not bad ones.

The first thing that should be done is have Thomas Jefferson's face dynamited off the mountain and replaced with that of John Adams.

I would be Ok with that myself. The whole all men are created equal, except of course for my slaves that I like to have sex with, is a little bit contradictory.

Based on the gravity of the challenges he led the country through I would say FDR should be the next one to go up on Mt. Rushmore.

Either FDR or Ronald Reagan would be OK with me. Just no Kennedy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back