Another Entry into the HP quest

Well, the FMs are not really a clone. They are manufactured under license from FN. Most are Mil spec so fit and finish may be slightly less than some of the others. If you are looking for one of the FEG PJKs, I found one just the other day. The place has atleast one more in stock at < $200.00. E-mail me for location if interested.

Back to Arcus 94. Quite nice pistol. Trigger gaurd slightly different. Them what have them seem to like them.

I had a full size fm and a detective. I sold both. I now have an arcus fullsize hi-power. The arcus machining seemes better and it has a tighter slide to frame fit. It is more accurate. Also the slide cracked on the detective. I would love an arcus compact but I can't because I live in california.

The following site has a review of the three types of Argentenian FM's currently being imported.

http://www.cruffler.com/review-February-01.html

I have the full size and am pleased with it so far. The finish leaves something to be desired, but the pistol itself is a good foundation if you want to customize it into a "personal" weapon. I plan on having an aftermarket coating, possible camoflauge as well as fitting it with tritium sights and ambi safeties. Otherwise, functional and accuracy wise, I can find no flaws. Accuracy is well within the parameters of a combat weapon.

The new versions as stated in the article has the model number stamped in large letters on the slide. The pistol that I have must be an earlier generation because it lacks the dovetailed front sight and internal firing pin safety. But otherwise the weapon is identical. I personally don't like the look of the bold lettering on the slide. If you don't either, I'm sure you can find one of the previous models. I paid $250 for my pistol NIB.

Good Shooting
REd

Good Shooting
Red

My first Hi power was the Argentine copy. After about 5,000 rds or so the slide cracked off of both the lower corners of the ejection port. This was after I put a good chunk of money into it.

I was very disappointed. So much that I just bought a real BHP in .40 :D

Cheers!

Birch

Back