Another "celebrity" opens her big mouth ...

From the West Australian newspaper, Wednesday, 27 October

Quoting Melissa Etheridge in a Rolling Stone[/b] interview, speaking about Amsterdam in the Netherlands:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>It's the perfect city because sex and drugs are legal and guns aren't[/quote]

That one quote from the "high priestess of morality" (sarcasm intended) would have influenced more young people than a year of anti-drug campaigns, sex restraint programs, and pro-gun programs.

Where do these "people" get off???

B

:)

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

OK: So she's an idiot?

That solves nothing -- you and I and George know that (as doe peobably all the members of TFL) .....

... but her words are still being lapped up.

For every one person we dismiss as an "idiot", we lose ..... how many potential supporters??

No, we can't just ignore it. If I had the answers, I'd do something about it. But I don't. That's why I posted it.

What can we do? (And we must do something!!)

B

"Sex is legal"??? Odd, I thought that was legal elsewhere.

She must have forgotten to mention the rampant AIDS among the druggies in Needle Park also contributes to said perfection.

What Hal and George said

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Bruce...

Send it to Matt Drudge along with a URL for the Aussie paper.

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Actually, if my daughter came home and said;

1. Dad, I'm a junkie
2. Dad, I'm HIV-positive
3. Dad, I bought a gun

I know which of the above is the only one which wouldn't cause hypertension!!!!1

B

Seems to me we've had a member or two from the Netherlands, no? And, as I recall, guns are not 'illegal' there, are they?

I realize, of course, that the reality of the situation has no bearing on the revered utterances of a 'celebrity' today ... ;)

I probably shouldnt say this BUT Melissa Ethridge is happy because homosexuality is more accepted there. She is also good 'pals' with Rosie, that should sum it all up right there. :) No offense to anyone.

Maybe her and rosie should pack their asses up and move there.

------------------
The beauty of the second Amendment is that it is not needed until they try to take it. T JEFFERSON

Do you really think that we want those laws to be observed? We want them broken. We're after power and we mean it. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breakings laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted-and you create a nation of law breakers--and then you cash in on guilt.

A RAND

Bruce,
Easy fella. I don't think her words are being lapped up. People are fed up with the attitude of these so called super people, and pretty much ignore them. Remember Rosanne? She was the biggest(in more ways than one) thing going not too long ago. Melissa Etheridge is just a fast ageing(sp) has-been. What little looks she once had, she pigged and drugged away. I doubt she is a role model for anyone that isn't blind. I hate to come across as sexist, maybe I am, who knows? But, female entertainers are judged on looks first, and talent second. Melissa Etheridge , just doesn't have either anymore. I still maintain she is an idiot, a drugged out, talent challenged idiot. At one time she had the potential to be another Joplin but she just partied it away. Sad, but I ain't cryin for her. I doubt many others are either.

------------------
CCW for Ohio action site.
http://www.ofcc.net

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
[1]Her sex-- What the hell do I care?

[2]Her drugs-- So long as they don't don't cloud her judgement enough that it affects me, what the hell do I care?

[3]Her position on guns-- OOPS! Looks like #2 got in way, there... ;)</UL>

------------------
Will you, too, be one who stands in the gap?

Matt

Sex and Drugs = Good
Gun & Conservative morals and values = Bad

This makes me down right ill. These people, terrible.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

I just reread my posts and realised how 'snarly' they sound.

Apologies, guys -- I was a bit "tetchy" when I posted them, but I still didn't mean for them to sound quite so bad.

Nothing personal -- put it down to "mid-life crisis"! ;)

B

Bruce,
It's a "snarly" subject. No apology needed on my part. I have pretty much taken the viewpoint that George introduced with "XXX is an idiot" as a means of voicing disapproval, condemnation, and a host of other negative descriptors. I think it drives the point home in a very concise and ,,,,gasp,,,,PC kind of way. It is IMHO a bit better than attacking her on a gender or sexual preference level. Long path nailed it down pretty well. What she does with sex, drugs or even guns is of little concern to me, as long as she keeps it to herself. I myself am a big fan of sex. Drugs are great when I have the flu or a headache. I love my guns too. If Melissa Etheridge is a big fan of Amsterdam, she ought to move there. I would be happy to wave goodbye to her at the airport. She can take her pal Rosie and Rosie's kid along with her. When the money runs out, they can always sell or rent the kid since there is also a pretty large market there for that type of thing.

Unrelated: Check out the range reports. I managed to get my hands on some CCI CB's. They worked great.

------------------
CCW for Ohio action site.
http://www.ofcc.net

Back