Another anti gun pol stepped in it

alan

Correct me if my memory has failed but wasn't Detroit Mayor Kwame M. Kilpatrick prominent in the anti gun/anti gun rights movement?

Will he join such luminaries, all right, former luminaries as U.S. Attorney and Illinois Governor Otto Kerner, former New York Congressman Mario Biaggi, former Maryland Governor Marvin Mandell, former Queens County District Attorney Tom Mackel, readers may add to the above short listing of anti gun pols who ended up in jail, having been accused, tried and convicted of criminal acts? Then there is former Governor Elliot Spitzer, he who sued Smith and Wesson. Might one pause to wonder how come it seems that, they just don't learn, which come to think about it, might not be such a bad thing.

The post title is a bit much, yes?

Unless you want to talk about pro gun politico Larry Craig :)

WildletshopethisonediesafastdeathAlaska TM

Vermont wrote:

We gun rights advocates have had our share of politicians charged with criminal acts too...Just saying.

---------------------

You might be correct, however could you please be more specific. To whom do you refer. The names of elected officals I mentioned, and their actions are a matter of history. By the way, I personally met Tom Mackel In Queens New York once, many years ago. He spouted anti gun rhetoric, and he was subsequently charged, indicted and convicted of criminal actions. They were not violent crimes, but criminal acts never-the-less.

Wild Alaska:

The title shown was NOT the title I used. If you like, and or are curious, I will provide my exact wording to you in a pm or e-mail. Ask and ye shall receive. What might it be that you want to say about Senator Larry Craig. He is perhaps a homosexual or a person with such tendencies, a less than admirable trait, some would describe it, but a matter of private behavoir. Personally, my drug of choice is good scotch, and I have always leaned toward ladies.

Have fun!

http://www.politicalgraveyard.com/special/trouble-disgrace.html

WildlotsofcrookedpoliticosthereAlaska TM

Hey I like this one, maybe he was one of the drafters of the 2nd LOL

William Blount (1749-1800) — Born in Windsor, Bertie County, N.C., March 26, 1749. Son of Jacob Blount and Barbara (Gray) Blount; married, February 12, 1778, to Mary Grainger; brother of Thomas Blount; half-brother of William Blount (1767-1835); father of William Grainger Blount. Member of North Carolina house of commons, 1781, 1783; Delegate to Continental Congress from North Carolina, 1782-83, 1786-87; member, U.S. Constitutional Convention, 1787; member of North Carolina state senate, 1788; Governor of Southwest Territory, 1790-96; delegate to Tennessee state constitutional convention, 1796; U.S. Senator from Tennessee, 1796-97; member of Tennessee state senate, 1798-1800; died in office 1800. Presbyterian. Became involved in a conspiracy to turn Florida over to British control; when this plot was uncovered in 1797, was expelled from the U.S. Senate; afterwards, on July 7, 1797, he was impeached, but the Senate dropped the matter for lack of jurisdiction. Died in Knoxville, Knox County, Tenn., March 21, 1800. Interment at First Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Knoxville, Tenn. Blount counties in Ala. and Tenn. are named for him.

WildAlaska:

Very interesting link, historical too, going back quite a while.

Having said that, any lest I forget, thanks for posting the politicos list, the bums in my very much shorter list were, aside from being crooked, anti gun too, which was the point of my original post.

The parameters might be to narrow for some, however I do find the possible relationships or interrelationships "interesting", though I cannot definitively say that there is an established connection between the two, that being that anti gun/anti gun rights political types are ipsofacto crooked too.

Back