Another Alaskan Weighs In

Cosmoline

Caribou aren't my cup o' tea, but I've been out to the SW Bush more times than I really wanted to, and I noticed a few interesting things.

The hunters who down the most game, including TONS of caribou, are the same hunters who've always taken the most game--the Yupik and Athabascan natives. I don't know much about the inland groups, but the Yupik in the Y-K delta seem to hunt with whatever's cheap and available. .223 is a favorite, believe it or not, even though there are plenty of really mean and human-familiar griz in the area. Only the gussics bring big magnum rifles. If you want to look like a local, bring some old POS .30/30 or an old mini-14.

Don't worry about it. There's a way for me to blend it into the other thread, but I'm just too tired after 530 miles of windshield time, today.

If you want, blue-line it and put your text into a response-post in the other thread, and I'll delete this one.

Nighty-bye,

Art

Cosmoline,
And if you really wan't to look like a local loose some teeth.And don't bathe for about a decade. And your right about the Mini-14 native Bou gun of the north. Not to mention wolves and other things. Sounds like you spent too much time in and around Bethel. If you don't think hell freezes over spend a winter in Bethel.

I don't do winters. I refuse. But when it's 20% relative humidity, and 90 to 110 in the shade, my arthritis doesn't hurt and I don't feel a day over 60.

:D, Art

"And if you really wan't to look like a local loose some teeth.And don't bathe for about a decade."

Now it IS a well-known fact that bathing lowers the resistances.

Back