Another .380

AA

I have a great Sig P232, but am thinking of
getting a smaller .380 to fit a Kramer pocket holster. One thought: to wait for Walther USA to oversee an improved PPK or to check on the Bersa line. I do like the loaded indicators on the PPK and Sig; and, of course, their quality designs. And, I do have larger calibers (.40, 357, and 44 mag; but they are not on my permit except for the P239 .40.S&W. Any informed thoughts out there?

------------------

AA, everyboddy has an opinion but I strongly advise you to keep the Sig 232. Again, I repeat, Keep the 232. The only way walther will inprove the design of the PPK is to start over from scratch not gain a new manufacturing partner in the U.S.

I got rid of a Stainless PPK because it was simply unreliable. It looked great,carried well and had an external safety but it was hard to field strip quickly in a stressful situation, ammo sensitive and needed excess lubrication to function properly. The shortcomings of the PPK are inherent in the basic design and have a lot to do with the way they feed from the mag into the chamber. Invaribly, if you are dead set on one, you will be forced to have the ramp polished.

Quite frankly, a Makarov is more dependable than a PP or PPK. Stay with that 232 or consider something like a Glock 26 or S&W Chief's Special Auto.

Keep in mind that the Sig 232's shoot like full-sized pistols and are much easier to qaulify with than many CCW models.

------------------
"When guns are outlawed;I will be an outlaw."

I've only had a PPK for a couple months, but after firing a couple hundred rounds through it, all of my feeding problems went away (even then, I only had three misfeeds in the first four boxes of ammo). Since then, I've fired another five hundred rounds without a single problem. Granted, all I feed mine is FMJ's, but I'll say this, my PPK's proving more reliable at this point than either my Hi-Power or my Ruger.

They build the PPK so "tight" and precise that I think you just have to loosen it up a bit. I didn't have my ramp polished, I don't keep it "wet" with oil. I just shoot the ammo in it that the gun was designed for.

I love mine, it's easy to carry, slides from the inside-the-waistband easily, and it's got that trim feel that other guns don't. Not to mention that it's a gorgeous gun compared to the others...

I've put over 3000 rounds thru my PPK/S and have had no problems. Great gun and fun to shot/easy to carry.

I've put over 3000 rounds thru my PPK/S and have had no problems. Great gun and fun to shot/easy to carry.

Back