Another 3" J frame finds a home...

9x19

Just this one more, I promise! :D :p

remoteaccess_1013364332_sw38-4.jpg

Oooh! A Model 36 Chiefs Special Target Model, with full underlug!

Do you have any idea how long I've been looking for one of those?

I officially hate you now. :D

Ohhh, you're going to like that 3" full lug Chief! I have the stainless equivalent, the M60-4, and it's a very handy small defense and field gun.

I'd tell you how well mine shoots with the Fed's 129-grain .38 Hydra-Shok +P round, but people who know me probably don't think I can shoot that well...shoots other ammo well, too.

Mine is in .38, with hammer-mounted firing pin, and has worn-in very smoothly. New ones seem to be in .357; I believe they're the M60-10. Don't think I'd enjoy shooting .357's in a gun this size.

The only complaint I have is that mine has the wide target trigger, grooved. It really should be the smooth trigger they used to call the Ranger or Combat trigger. The grooved trigger can be a little rough on the finger in extended firing sessions, and I may someday have a GOOD gunsmith polish off the grooves, except that I'm afraid it would break the casehardening. Also, I hate to let a gunsmith touch my guns; so few these days really know what they're doing, or care. And they take forever to get anything finished...

Enjoy. This gun fills the role the .22 Kit Gun is too impotent to handle well, and is also a neat small game and snake item.

Lone Star

lendsringer,

You'll hate me more when I tell you this one is NIB and is my second one of this model. I also have the stainless version in both .38 and .357 Magnum... yeah I've a weakness for the little buggers! :D

I can honestly blame Terry Murbach and his lengthy writings on the merits of a 3" adjustable sighted J frame, written at a time when I was most susceptible to suggestion (actually that pretty well describes my whole life :p ). You know, I don't think I've ever had a chance to thank him! :D

Great little guns, these.

Good luck with your search, they are out there and often priced lower than you'd expect. This one only cost me $260. Not bad for one that is NIB! :D

Looks like a Model 50.

I been enjoyably usin the little fellers for quite a while. I like em blue n spurred.

As for thankin Terry....you may have just done that.

Sam

9X19,

Best J-frame S&W made, IMO. Waiting on Craig Spegel boot grips.

Good shooting,
JB

Attachments

• s&w 36-6.jpg
    s&w 36-6.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 93
Wow that is slick! Always wanted one of those. I see the 60s like that fairly often but have never managed to lay hands on a 36.

Just add a nice set of boot grips and a tritium or gold bead insert to the front sight and live happily ever after !!! :D

Back