• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Announcements of Courses

Glenn E. Meyer

A question for the gods. I've friends who are in the training business and let me tell you that they have to hussle to make it a go.

Is it possible that a discrete announcement of an upcoming course be posted in the appropriate forum? Like the handgun one or the
rifle, etc.

Abuses could be curbed easily by the moderators.

I think this would be a good idea as by supporting these folks we support more folks being firmly in the camp of the RKBA.

Note I have no financial interest in this. In fact, they cost me TOO MUCH MONEY :)

Glenn

I certainly can't speak for Rich, but I believe there have been announcements like you describe in the past and they weren't deleted or locked. As long as they don't turn into examples of spamification, I have no problem with simple discrete announcements of courses. I would say they can include links but not graphics concerning the course.

Rich has the only and final say on this.

Edmund Rowe has posted training announcements here before. They were training classes held at our mid GA club and other places nearby.

I think Lok N Load forum is where they were posted.

[This message has been edited by sensop (edited July 07, 2000).]

Announcements are welcome, short of spam. It's tough to be a responsible gun owner when you're self trained.

Lock 'n Load Forum is appropriate for these.
Rich

These announcements are welcome in Lock and Load. Just dont do that "Back To Top" thing so much - I hate that...
You could be more creative and say "Did I mention a TFL Staff 50% discount?" stuff like that is great. :D

Back