Ankle Holster?

Galco ankle glove

I got one, intending to use it as a stopgap until I could afford an Alessi.

And one day, I might even get that Alessi, too.

Really.

Mike

PS It works fine. No, I'm sure its not an Alessi. Yes, I'm sure Alessi is better. But I've been in many a foot-chase and the gun stays put. Good enough for government work.

PDshooter,

I have an Alessi and a Renegade ankle holster for my Glock 26.

The Alessi is very pretty but the insertion and withdrawal force is ridiculous. After Lou Alessi re-stretched my ankle holster it still took about 30 pounds of pressure (on the slide!) to holster and about 60 pounds to pull. The worst part about the Alessi ankle rig is unless it is uncomfortably tight it slips down the ankle and the muzzle of the gun is almost on the ground.

The Renegade is a cheaper design but works great! It is much more comfortable to wear and you can fit the elastic/velcro strap to a cone shape (small end down) so it
inherently does a better job than the Alessi at staying above the ankle.

Lou Alessi is a nice guy and will give you your money back if you don’t like his product. There are zillions of happy Alessi owners (who will jump on me for this post) but If you try both Alessi and Renegade ankle holsters I believe you will find the Renegade far superior.

Here is how to contact Renegade:
Renegade Holster and Leather Co.
P.O. Box 31546
Phoenix, AZ 85046
3711 E Gelding Dr
Phoenix, AZ 85032
(602) 482-6777

Good luck!

Regards,
George
In sunny Arizona

I'm with George...and the renegade doesn't use a molded holster so when you pants ride up it just looks like some kind of ankle wrap.....something to consider...and at half the price of an alessi....also, with the renegade, you can carry any type of snub without getting a new holster...and for comfort, you can't beat it. chek out the model 500 at http://www.emergencysec.com it has a velcro snap strap but only for putting the gun in and out....when you draw, it just pulls through with a good tug...very secure....

Back