Ankle holster and Crimson Trace laser grips.

In The Ten Ring

I like my Galco Ankle Glove a good deal but it's not made to work with a CTC laser grip. (Mine has the thumb break which I think is necessary).

Does Galco make an Ankle Glove that works with Crimson Trace laser grips on a J-frame?

If not, is there a similar ankle holster that does?

I carry my 637 in an ankle holster with no change as for the CT grips.

I don't know what kind of holster it is, except made for the J frame.

Some one makes one. :)

David

One's ankle is a really bad place to carry a firearm. Extremely difficult to get at in a hurry.

As soon as I read that I thought "I wonder how many posts this member has." Yep, over 9K, now we know why . :p LOL LOL Ankle holster is for backup, not because I want to be Gene Hackman from "The French Connection." :)

I seldom use the ankle holster unless I'm going to be sitting for a long time....a long drive, movie theatre visit, or back when I was working at a motel. It was 1/2 of my New York Reload then but at times (when counting out the vault) I was seated. I never spoke with a renter* unless standing.

*"Guests" stay for free while "renters" pay. Motels make it sound like the room is for free. LOL

I'll just have to call Galco as their website suggests they have something but I've called before and didn't get much of an answer. I was hoping someone here had what I'm looking for and could give me spot on advice. Anyone?

Last edited:
I use a DeSantis model 44 ankle rig for my G26 and 640 no-dash. the DeSantis will work with a J frame CT grip.

This is the model I have and the thumb break of the Ankle Glove will not snap over the laser hump.

LG 405

Attachments

• CT J Frame Pic.jpg
    CT J Frame Pic.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 29
Screwball,

I think I see the reason for your confusion. The Ankle Glove and the Ankle Lite are quite different holsters. Mine (Ankle Glove) is molded leather and the thumb break is not made for fitting over the hump of the CTC Laser Grip.

Jerrys,

According to the gun drop down menu, the Desantis 44 is not made for a 638/438. It might still fit.

Screwball,

I think I see the reason for your confusion. The Ankle Glove and the Ankle Lite are quite different holsters. Mine (Ankle Glove) is molded leather and the thumb break is not made for fitting over the hump of the CTC Laser Grip.

Nope, not confused. Was just confirming...

Still, the Ankle-Lite works with my 642, with the same CT laser. Thumb break, just not leather.

The Ankle-Guard is the one without a thumb break.

"Trust me sir, your new wife will never know the difference! This is the same exact ring as the gold one, it's just made out of something else."

LOL :p

Ok... glad I could waste my time answering your question, then.

Maybe next time, add in specifications you want instead of just asking for a similar ankle holster that works with CT grips (what I gave you). Both holsters are actually steerhide (Glove and Lite), by the way.

Have fun with your search.

Back