Andrew Traver as new BATFE Director???

Status
Not open for further replies.

longlane

However you feel about the NRA, the following brief is worth a minute of your time:
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=6084

This, um, gentleman has a long history of having a very narrow definition of what the 2nd Amendment means. He's been deeply involved in gun-control activites (not the training kind), and he may well be anti-gun entirely. The current administration may well appoint him during a recess. If this isn't a clear case of running rough shod over the will of folks, then I've not seen one.

I hope that mods don't call this a drive by posting, because the decisions of this gentleman's possible office have huge impacts on our shared freedoms as firearms hobbyists, enthusiasts, and supporters.

Time to get active and write folks in office again? How do others feel about recess appointments? I'm well aware of the fact that these appts have been used by many administrations to many ends, but this is a firearms enthusiast's forum, where BATFE regs are felt the fastest...

Last edited:
I was going to post a thread on this topic

Calls On President Obama To Withdraw The Nomination

Statement From NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox

The NRA strongly opposes President Obama’s nomination of Andrew Traver as director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE). Traver has been deeply aligned with gun control advocates and anti-gun activities. This makes him the wrong choice to lead an enforcement agency that has almost exclusive oversight and control over the firearms industry, its retailers and consumers. Further, an important nomination such as BATFE director should not be made as a “recess appointment,” in order to circumvent consent by the American people through their duly elected U.S. Senators.

Traver served as an advisor to the International Association for Chiefs of Police’s (IACP) “Gun Violence Reduction Project,” a “partnership” with the Joyce Foundation. Both IACP and the Joyce Foundation are names synonymous with promoting a variety of gun control schemes at the federal and state levels. Most of the individuals involved in this project were prominent gun control activists and lobbyists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back