Anderson Manufacturing?

I've used Anderson blem stripped lowers for builds, and no issues. In AR-15 rifles, I think the lower and upper receiver matter very little as long as they're milspec. AR-10 is a whole different story.

Can’t watch the video right now, but with Anderson I find that their major components are just fine; barrels, receivers and BCGs.
I find their LPKs and triggers to be less than desirable for me.

Taylorce1 said:
In AR-15 rifles, I think the lower and upper receiver matter very little as long as they're milspec.

I've assembled a handful of ARs, mostly with Anderson closed trigger lowers and no forward assist/no port cover uppers. The lowers don't take a full length grip screw.

The only dimensional problems I've had were when I splurged and bought more expensive billet lowers. Those lowers are also so sharp that they can be uncomfortable to carry by the magazine well. Those lowers also have screws for the bolt catch and rear pin spring, and a tension adjustment screw to make an upper and lower fit tighter.

Those additional features are of very slight value me. I prefer Andersons.

RR said:
I find their LPKs and triggers to be less than desirable for me.

I know I've used an Anderson LPK because it came with a Stainless FCG. It was shockingly soft.

Last edited:
I apologize, my "AR speak" is a little rusty.

What is an "LPK"?

I work in telecom, and sometimes I think the AR world has far more three letter acronyms, which is a truly amazing accomplishment.

What is an "LPK"?

Apologies. Overuse of initialisms is frustrating.

Lower parts kit. The fire control group (FCG), bolt catch parts, and springs and pins, but not the receiver extension and stock.

I use Anderson stripped lowers for several builds. A forged aluminum receiver is the strongest receiver you can get for an AR and Anderson makes a great one no matter what you compare it too.

Not long ago you could by them in batches of 5 for $25 each--I have many AR builds based on them and have never had any issues with any of them. Their barrels are another matter, I've had a couple that were dogs--but I'm just lucky that way.

The only issue I've had with Anderson lowers was caused by another vendor's buffer tubes. Some tube styles will let you go one thread too far on installation, making it impossible to mate upper/lower.

Sorry, can't remember the source of the BT, but Anderson was quick and accurate with their reply when I asked them about the problem I had closing my upper on their lower.

Guess I’ll join the crowd here and give a big thumbs up to Anderson.

Done quite a few ARs with their uppers and lowers and never had a problem with them.

Their 6.8 SPC 16” barrels I used were an excellent buy for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My local gas station/harware/farm/gun store has Anerson lowers for pretty cheap so that's what I use. Put a PSA upper kit on one and the accuracy still blows me away - especially considering how much money I don't have into it.

The website "School of the American Rifle" went through an Anderson lower and it checked out in all manner of measured specifications (specs that I didn't even know existed! Lot's of go/no-go gauging for those of you in manufacturing).

Have 1 Anderson lower that the mag well is a touch on the tight side, got 1 magazine brand that wont drop free that has been fine in 4 other rifles. Other than that, never had a problem with an Anderson lower.

Back