An unfamiliar oddball

gyvel

I was in my local pawn shop today when one of my friends who works there pulled out a gun that I had never seen in the flesh before:

A Marlin Model 62 lever action rifle in .30 Carbine.

Anyone familiar with them? I can't imagine too many were made.

OOOOOoooh! A Marlin Levermatic! Niiiiice! It's probably one of the few rifles I was ever sorry they quit making. Not really useful, and kind of a 1960s period piece like a Win 88 or a Sako Finnbear lever action, but fun. I think they're cool.

Well, if you want, I can give you the name and phone number of the shop.:D

Looks like they were only made from 63-69.

i have a marlin 62 in .256 win mag and it is a nice walking rifle for out to 175 yards shots on small game. 60 gr bullet at 2600fps and a 75 gr bullet at 2400fps. eastbank.

I have 62s in both .256 Win Mag and .30 Carbine. Both are VERY FUN shooters. If you can, you should seriously find out what they want for it ... thata is if it's for sale.

If you can, you should seriously find out what they want for it ... thata is if it's for sale.

It's for sale, but, in spite of its relative scarcity, doesn't really fit into my "group" of guns.

If anyone is intersted, I'll be happy to see what they want for it.

a long long time ago

I haven't seen one of those for sale....in a shop.....since the early '80's. That one was in .256 Win mag.

Old, odd pieces like that are the kind of stuff that interests me. In those days and locale, I'd have used it as a "high clover" groundhog rifle.

Back