An OA-93 is not an AOW with a v. foregrip, because of a threaded barrel?

Heist

This looks a little fishy.

http://www.webarms.com/Gun Suppliers/Olympic Arms/olympic arms.htm

Scroll halfway down.

olympi2.jpg

shown w/optional red dot sight & Fwd Vertical Grip
time frame is 6 to 8 months delivery

Designed for law enforcement
Now sold to civilians where not prohibited by law
Not an AOW because of the threaded barrel

OA93 Flat Top Pistol
6 1/2" bbl threaded, Vortex flash suppressor ,
4 Rail FIRSH handguard, 1 - 30 Rnd magazine

1. 2.
1. Vertical forward grip - non folding +$52.00
2. Vertical forward grip - folding +$57.00

i agree. the 'threaded barrel' alluded to by the seller has never been a determining factor in placing it under Title 1 , Title 2 or as Pistol, Rifle, SBS, SBR, DD or AOW. ahh!....the the vertical foregrip has and removes it from the mantle of Title 1 pistol, and over to Title 2 AOW. i believe the seller is wrong.

The seller has it totally and completely wrong.

A threaded barrel has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

The forward pistol grip automatically makes it an AOW.

That's trouble in the making. The seller doesn't know what he's talking about, and could possibly get somebody into some trouble over this.

Let me say that I'm not disputing anything of what everyone is saying about this, but I read that line about the theaded barrel, two different ways.

Could it be saying, its not an AOW because of the theaded barrel (maybe the foregrip is the cause.) , or that its not an AOW at all, because of the theaded barrel. (which doesn't make much sense.)

I'm not saying the add is correct, I just happened to read it differently.

Either way, the threaded barrel has absolutly nothing to do with the status as an AOW. Threaded/nonthreaded woud make no difference as to status.

Well, it depends.

If you ever want to attach a stock, you'd want to go SBR.

If not, the AOW route would be fine.

However, I think the best route might be to simply ditch the pistol grip, and make sure you have a suitable "pistol" reciever. That way, it would transfer the same as any other regular pistol.

"Either way, the threaded barrel has absolutly nothing to do with the status as an AOW. Threaded/nonthreaded woud make no difference as to status."

It could be a muddled message... it's not an AOW because of the threaded barrel, it's an AOW because of the foregrip... meaning that withoutt he foregrip even with the threaded barrel it's not an AOW.

Back