AMT Gov. Model

• Thread starter Thread starter freedomlover
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

freedomlover

Been reading this forum for a while now, but this is my first question. Recently added my first 1911 to my pistol collection, an AMT Government Model. The only modifications are an 18.5# recoil spring and a Wilson Shok-Buff, both installed after 50 rounds. I really like this pistol, I've only fired 250 rounds through it so far. It seems to be pretty sensitive to different magazines, I've got a McCormick mag that feeds flawlessly, but I've had about 10 failures to feed (out of 250 rounds) with other mags--MecGar and Triple K--but the failures have ALWAYS been with the last round in the mag. What would cause the last round to misfeed like this? This has happened with both hardball and hollowpoint. Is this to be expected with a new 1911? I've read that a 500 round "break in" period is needed for all new 1911s. Another question--I've disassembled the pistol twice for cleaning and the barrel bushing is so tight I can't remove the bushing or barrel. What should I use to remove the bushing? And one more question--a friend told me that since AMT builds its 1911s on cast frames, the gun won't be very durable and will be susceptible to frame cracking after a few hundred rounds. Is this true? Anybody else have any experience with these pistols? Advice? Thanks for the help--

Sic semper tyrannis

freedomlover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back