AMT .30 Carbine pistol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete80

Does AMT still manufacture this handgun, if so, how much do they run for? Is there an AMT website I can visit? Does anyone have any first hand experience or own one of these guns? The idea of a semi-auto .30 carbine handgun is great! Any info is greatly appreciated!

It's called the AutoMag III. I want one with an extra barrel chambered in 5.7mm Johnson Spitfire! I gave up on my new wildcat idea when I found out this cartridge pretty well fits the bill of what I was looking for.

[This message has been edited by Futo Inu (edited September 30, 1999).]

If I had more money than sense...

Four years ago I found a presenation boxed AMT auto mag with 2 barrels (357 and 44 auto mag) and clips for the AMAZING price of $1200 at a gun show. The gun was stainless and in excellent shape. I have never seen one since.

If I had it to do over again I'd FIND a way to buy that gun.

Dr.Rob

Here is Galena/AMT's response to my email inquiry of selling an extra barrel blank, from which to make a 5.7mm Johnson barrel (in case you cared):

In our manufacturing process we drill and rifle the barrel blank before we
machine the the locking lug, etc. This means that we don't have any barrels
with the outside machined but no hole drilled. Hopefully the first of next
year we will set up a custom shop where we could do this but for the time
being it is not possible - Sorry

David Small
Galena Industries

My buddy just picked up a new .30 carbine AMT last week. We have fired it quit a bit. His has a good trigger and is very accurate. The recoil isn't bad. The big drawback is the noise. Make sure you are wearing GOOD ear protection. Maybe even double up.
Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back