$$$$$$AMMO$$$$$$

TEC9

What is the lowest you ever paid for ammo and what were the means of obtainment(local shop, shipping, etc). Any time frame & any caliber accepted. Thanks

------------------
Go get my gun, it's the one that says "Bad MOT%$%F*&$ER"

[This message has been edited by TEC9 (edited December 17, 1999).]

OK This happened SO long ago that the statute of limitations on stupidity should have worn off by now and I've volunteered plenty of time to local charities....

I was at wally world once and I had a modest cart full of stuff from the sporting goods dept. You know, socks, long johns, and a case of shotgun shells (trap loads).

I went up front to check out.. since no one was IN sporting goods and the 18 year old bored looking clerk rang up my order after frowning at the big heavy box. The total was FAR below what it should have been so, being a good citizen I said quizzicly,

"that CAN'T be right"

She pointed to the Sticker/upc code on the CASE of shotgun shells that said $2.97 (each) and INDIGNANTLY states "SIR its SAYS right here on the box that this IS $2.97"

"oh.... um... OK" I wrote the check. 1 CASE of trap loads for $2.97 lets see.. that's just OVER a penny a round.

I thought REALLY hard about going back and getting ANOTHER Case or 2 or 6 and going BACK through her check out line but i chickened out, i mean I wasn't TRYING to be malicious or anything.. but that girls attitude made me think.. whell screw you too princees I was gonna say you UNDER charged me.. but I guess to few people say stuff like that.

Since then I have watched for similar sales at OTHER stores.. but they never seem to happen.

Dr.Rob

With this question, what is the time frame? This year, 10 years ago or any time in the past?

Recently, S/A .308 at $00.13/round delivered, which would, without the delivery charge, bring the cost of the ammo to under a dime a round. Try reloading .308 for under a dime.

Way back when, a group of us were getting .45ACP at 2 cents/round delivered, but that was a LONG time ago.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

I just have to proof read these postings before I post. :D

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited December 17, 1999).]

Back