Ammo Subscriptions?

rifleman0311

Has anyone used any ammo subscription companies and who would you recommend? or where do you recommend shopping online? Specifically for 9mm and 5.56.

Ammo subscriptions puzzle me too but hey, lots of things do. Still an explanation for us would be a good thing.

My SWAG (scientific wild arse guess) is that an ammo subscription sends you xxx amount of ammo to your door each month and in turn they draft xxx dollars from your bank account a month. To keep automatically adding to the stockpile I guess.

But I could be wrong.

Whats the break even point -- membership fee vs. the ammo usage point --

Shoot a lot -- then yea --

Then whats the membership fee's vs. learning to reload ?

PRIME AMMO MEMBERSHIP AT TARGET SPORTS USA | PAM

Buy Ammo at Wholesale Pricing
- Buy ammo at discounted pricing all year long and save!

Free Shipping on ALL Orders
- We always offer free shipping on bulk orders, with Prime you will receive free shipping on every order!

Exclusive Ammo Deals
- Members only emails with discounts and rebates direct from the manufacturer!

Low Annual Fee
- Prime Ammo Membership pays for itself with 3-5 orders of ammo a year!

Free Mystery Ammo Box
- During the 3rd quarter of the first year of your membership, you will receive free ammo based on your purchase history!

88% give their prime membership a 5 star review

I decided to give it a try....so far my opinion is "ehh". It's working out for me right now as I'm trying to build up some smaller numbers of rounds which I really don't plan to shoot too often (HP .223 and 9mm as well as some "defensive" shotgun loads). For that it's nice, I can get a few boxes here and there at a slightly lower price and free shipping. But if all you are going to buy is .223 and 9mm for the range you are probably better off just waiting for their sales and get the free shipping on the case.

Will I make my membership fee back? I'm not so sure I will....it will be close. I doubt I'm going to let it renew at the one year mark.

ETA: I am referring to my Target Sports USA Prime membership.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about an ammo subscription but have found SG Ammo to consistently have good prices.

Back