Ammo storage in litter box room...

wild cat mccane

Hey all,

Silly question. I have my ammo in home depot (Knaack made) Rigid job sight boxes. They have a generous rubber gasket around the lip. Otherwise no holes elsewhere. These were going for $150 a bit ago, back up to $300. Highly recommend.

I have these in an area I made into a locked storage room which hosts the litter box. Includes an unused fireplace with the flue open and I have a filtered fan blowing up the flue. Let's not worry if that is really working-the smell is non existent with the set up. So good enough for me. But I do wonder if I'm rolling the dice with ammonia in the air somehow playing with the ammo.

Any thoughts?

I very much doubt there'd be enough ammonia produced by kitty to make any difference. That gasket should make the high priced boxes air tight anyway.
How does said cat get into a locked storage room? He have a key? Just curious.

Why not store ammo in ammo cans with dessicant and not worry. The job boxes are not really air tight but even if there was ammonia in the air it's probably not strong enough to do anything to brass cased ammo.

You guys worry about the silliest things!
BTW- baking soda does not neutralize ammonia. Ammonia is an alkali, so is the soda. It will help with the smell, though.

Inside the kitty litter container and under the kitty litter would be a great place to hide ammo and I doubt if it would cause any problems.:D

Back