Ammo still not available in Oly, WA

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadwkids

Just wondering how scarce or available ammo is in other parts of the state and country. Here in Olympia, WA it's rare to find any shop with much of anything on hand, especially pistol ammo. On a visit to SF recently I was pleasantly surprised to see a fair amount of ammo in the one gun store I visited. So....just want to know other people's experience. thanks

I am in Massachusetts which is an anti gun state and even we have plentiful ammo. Even .223 and .22lr are popping up on shelves now.

gun shop sources, online retailers.....

Gun shops & big box stores(Bass Pro Shop, Walmart, Dicks, etc) have some handgun calibers in stock but not a wide selection.
A recent check of a local Walmart had only approx 10 boxes of Federal Premium 230gr JHP .45acp & only 1 white box of Winchester 125gr JHP .357sig.
The gun shops have more ammunition choices for handguns but the prices are still high. :(

I don't reload or handload but I know people who do & they are disappointed by the lack of bullets, powder, reloading materials, etc.
Its unlikely the shooting sports industry will roll out huge amounts of handgun ammunition to cause a lowered price point or a wide selection of choices like in 2008-2010.
A rental range and small business I go to often had 50rd boxes of range .45acp 230gr FMJ for $29.95. :mad:
What irks me most is the "weekend warriors" & tourists who dump $$$ out to shoot weapons they may not be able to buy or own.

Clyde

In Ohio, the supply is catching up to the demand, and prices are falling. 22 ammo is still hard to find. 50 count 9mm range ammo is down to $14.99.

Arizona and socal are keeping handgun ammo and .223 on the shelf for a few days at a time at pretty normal prices. Still no .22.

I'm in WA state, and lately I've noticed that .38spl target ammo has mostly vanished from store shelves. This has just happened in the past month or so.

9mm target stuff has been creeping back into inventory, though.

In the Portland , OR area ammo is still pretty wiped out, and what little shows up is high.

Recently I have been able to find some premium ammo online as well as some more components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back