Ammo recommendations for Remington 700 LVF 22-250

Bittervinom

I just picked up an older(maybe 2004-2005) Remington 700 Light Varmint with fluted barrel with jeweled bolt, 40x trigger, H&S Precision full bedded aluminum block stock. The rifle is really really ...really nice. New condition. I gave 600.00 for it but had a sad story behind why so cheap and new. I wanted to find out what's the best load for this beast of a Varmint reaper I have. I am going to mount a 6-12x56 mm Ir scope with 30 mm tube on it under a deadnutz scope mount. I haven't fired it yet waiting on Deadnutz to get delivered. Any suggestion on ammo and what kind of distance I'll see out of the rifle?

My favorite accuracy load in the .22-250 was a 55 grain, Sierra, semi-pointed ahead of a near-maximum charge of IMR 4895. The 55 grain Sierra Blitz was also a great performer. You may want to try Hornady V-Max bullets for extended ranges.

The 55 grain bullets seemed to buck wind better than lighter ones and are easier on bores than much lighter ones being shot close to 4,000 fps.

50gr Vmax over IMR4064 and Norma brass with CCI lr primers is my varmint load.

OAL is 2.473" which puts the ogive .030" off the rifling.

Well I splurged a little yesterday and got a few boxes of everything..lol I have 40 gr hollow points to site in...Cheapest Winchester box. Then I got Hornady in 45, 50, & 55. I got Sierra game king in 50 gr, Federal in 45 &50 gr and a Remington in 55 gr. I'm going to the range today...! I mounted the scope over Leupold 30 mm rings and two piece base. The scope boast 3-12x power with a 56 mm obj. lens. Gonna try it all out.

Last edited:
Back