Ammo Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JERKY

Is lead ammo OK to shoot in autos? Ive heard that lead build up can cause problems. I clean my guns after every shooting session so build up wont be a problem (i think)(I shoot lead in my revolvers without a problem.) I would like to buy some cheap ammo for practice in my autos. The 3-D ammo seems to be the cheapest but its also lead. I like FMJ the best. but since lead is cheaper i would like to get some. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

------------------
TIM : )

Jerky. In answer to you question? Yes. No. Maybe. it depends on what you are shooting. A 1911 type? A Glock? .45? 9MM?
Knowing what you are shooting would make an educated answer possible.
If you are shooting a Glock, I would have to say no. Anything else would probably be OK as long as it has standard rifling in the barrel. Of course, some semi's don't feed lead bullets too well, but a little polishing of the throat usually clears that up. Hope that helps.
Paul B.

It is according to what kind of pistol you have and how hot the ammo it is loaded.

One Example is glock: as a rule of thumb you should never fire lead bullets in a glock because the barrel configuration leads very quickly with any load. Second, if the ammo is loaded too hot it will excessively lead any barrel, and yes some big name ammo mfg. do load some of their lead loads too hot so the fps numbers will look good to the uneducated.

My best recommendation: ask the mfg of your gun. k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back