Ammo question (yet again)

Zee

Hey guys,
I was down at my local gun store today, and in the back I found a case of Remington
(NOT UMC) 10mm 200gr MC. Now I didn't even know Remington made this round, so I picked up the case for $150. Now when I got home I went to Remingtons web site to try to find the ballistics for the ammo, low and behold Remington no longer makes this ammo. A further examination of the case I bought has it dated 7/90. So now my questions:
1. Is it safe to use these loads?
2. Does anyone have any ballistic info on these rounds?
3. anyother comments on these loads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Z-

I don't see why the rounds should not be safe to shoot. I have fired .45ACP ammo headstamped 1917 with no ill effects. Of course .45ACP is not in the same pressure range as 10 m/m. I do not have any information on the loads themselves. Sorry on that aspect.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Commercial ammo should be just fine up to 100 years old or so.
I live near, and have several freinds, that work at the CCI/Blount ammo factory, including engineers, that say reloaded ammo will last decades if stored properly.

Thanks so much for the quick reply guys! I thought the ammo would be O.K, but on Remingtons web site it says ammo is only good for 10 years. I'd hate to have to get rid of it so I guess I'll also call them to see what they say.
Thanks again!

Zee

I remember my annual training down at Fort Benning, Georgia in August of 1984. We were doing Tank Gunnery with the M60A3 tank. When we picked up the .50 ammo for the M2 Brownings it was in sealed cans from the late 40's. It all fired without a hitch.....

Back