Ammo problems in the Glock 34?

Redhook

I've heard rumors about certian 9mm rounds not cycling properly in the Glock 34. Does anyone have practicle experience with this? What do you shoot normally (brand, model, grain)?

Some of the early Walther P99's in 9mm had a problem with the recoil spring being to strong, but that was easily fixed with a lighter spring. I read somewhere that the length of the 34 is it's problem.

Thanks!
-Red-

First and foremost, the 34 is a Glock. Mine feeds and fires everything I've ever put through it and asks for more!

Red, I've been an avid poster on GlockTalk and UGW for two years now. I have never seen any G34 feeding problems mentioned anywhere.

With the exception of the Glock 30's problems with semi-wadcutters, Glocks will feed rad turds powered by mouse farts.

My G34 feeds fine. With the angle most Glock barrels are cut, FTF and ammo jams are difficult to cause.

What specifically did you hear and from who?

Was that guy using Wolf ammo or some cheap gun shop reloads?

Sorry guys, I can't remember exactly where I saw it and what they were shooting. I'm on so many boards that it all starts to blur. I think it was over at Shooters Guntalk, which is now closed, I think.

This was actually for a friend who's interested in the 34. I was doing some preliminary research for him and I wasn't paying enough attention. I think two people were having problems. If I remember correctly, one person was having stovepipe problems the other had a bullet get stuck in the barrel. He swore that it wasn't a squib load. I think they were both shooting fairly light loads.

My friend is getting close and I figured I'd run it up the flag pole just to be sure. Thanks for all your help!

-Red-

The M34 jams I've witnessed were not necessarily ammo-related, and I've seen them jam with LE-duty loads (don't know what brand), Federal American Eagle and Classic, CCI Blazer, R-P UMC, handloads, W-W WinClean and SilverTip, Cor-Bon, 3-D, UltraMax, and S&B.

Like any gun, it can jam. Suggest any decent-quality ammo as perfectly fine, but please remember it is NOT magical, it's a machine.

(Absolutely NO disrespect to Glock; ALL GUNS JAM.) (I'm thinking New York reload......)

Stovepiping in Glocks is usually caused by limp wristing.

And if the bullet is stuck in a 4-5" barrel, it didn't have hardly any powder and is the exact definition of a squib load. If the reports sounds funny, the your chamber and your barrel before firing. That's probably what happened.

Limp wristing and crappy ammo or a bad reload.

Use the 34 I own only for IDPA & the like. It has never bobbled in ca. 5K rounds. Shoot everything thru it including light reloads, fact. reloads, Am. Eagle, etc. Can see how problems might occur if limp-wristing or less than a nice firm grip though.

Back