Ammo Pouch for .22?

Model12Win

Guys I'm in the market for a small belt pouch of some kind for carrying loose .22 ammo for plinking with my rolling block or CZ. I've tried the MTM plastic ammo box and the cheap plastic belt clip does not fit over my thick leather gun belts.

Anyone know of a small, spill-resistant (preferably leather) pouch I could use for spare .22 ammo? Thanks.

M12

Don't carry .22 ammo loose. Leave it in the box it comes in and carry that in an M1 Carbine mag pouch. Leather attracts and holds moisture.

Don't carry .22 ammo loose. Leave it in the box it comes in and carry that in an M1 Carbine mag pouch. Leather attracts and holds moisture.
I've carried it loose in pockets for years in the hot summer with no issues. I live in Vegas and there is no moisture here to attract! :)

Just looking for a handy pouch for plinking.

not leather but

I've used the GI nylon first aid /field dressing pouch for some time, the green ones that have a single "ALICE" clip. They're a little sloppy at the top and ammo can spill if you invert the pouch or get carried away with it.....otherwise, they work OK. For rough/active, or long time, hang anywhere, dunk/drop toss it about use, I first put the ctgs in a ziplock bag, then tuck the bag in FA pouch.

I'll add as a side note, the old GI .45 holster with the flap works great with the Ruger MK series auto pistols with the 4"-5" barrels. An old GI web belt makes for a decent rig.

I put a 525 rd box in my dump pouch (search amazon for dump pouches, you'll find a million of them) and it works pretty well

Safe and simple

VERY interesting!! Can you tell me more about this device? Not finding much online about it. Looks handy!

I will give you a general description and if you have a specific question, please ask or PM. ….. :)

The unit has two separate vertical compartments that are loaded from the top, that has a snap lid. Each round is stacked on top of the previous round. There is fairly good protection for each round. There is a belt clip on the back. When you need a round, you cup you hand under the one of the compartments and with your finger, push a flexible gate that allows a single round to fall into the palm of your hand. :cool:

I have been using mine for over 20yrs. without any problems. I don't have to use it that often and I suspect at some point, it will wear out. But I'll likely wear out before then. …..;)

Be Safe !!!

I will give you a general description and if you have a specific question, please ask or PM. ….. :)

The unit has two separate vertical compartments that are loaded from the top, that has a snap lid. Each round is stacked on top of the previous round. There is fairly good protection for each round. There is a belt clip on the back. When you need a round, you cup you hand under the one of the compartments and with your finger, push a flexible gate that allows a single round to fall into the palm of your hand. :cool:

I have been using mine for over 20yrs. without any problems. I don't have to use it that often and I suspect at some point, it will wear out. But I'll likely wear out before then. …..;)

Be Safe !!!
That's very intriguing! I might pick that one up off ebay. My only concern is bending down, does it get in the way?

I found and ordered this leather pouch of Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Handmade-Gen...190&sr=8-16&keywords=leather+sling+shot+pouch

20180625_172507-1_preview.jpg

Amazon Prime got it here in two days, so far it really seems swell. Made in China but seems of durable quality. Has a magnetic top snap that works well. I considered the Triple K .22 ammo holder but it seemed too big for what I wanted. This Chinese pouch holds 100 or so rounds, the Triple K holds 200 rounds which is overkill and looks too big on the belt.

Think I found what I was looking for guys! And it didn't break the bank. Yay! :)

Last edited:
Back