Ammo in self-defence situation

zentao

Let's imagine that you have two semiautos, both DA/SA. One .45ACP with 8 rds mag, another - 9 mm with 10 rds mag. You handle both of them equaly and have best defensive rds in each. You got an intruder in your house. Which one you would use?

Assuming equal familiarity with either gun, I'd use the one closest to me.

Use the one you're best with, as you practice and compare.

For instance: I took four .357 wheel-guns out and fired about a box of hot-load ammo through each. Double action only; multiple targets.

I kept the Ruger GP 100. I sold the 6" Python, the 6" Model 66, and the 4" Model 28. I kept the one that I shot best with; others might find some different result...

I prefer to use whatever I'm best with. What you don't want to do is sit there and dither, trying to make up your mind. :( BG might win.

FWIW, Art

I think that if I had an intruder in my house, assuming that I was egually good with both guns, it wouldn't be a case of which one I liked more, but which has the bigger bullet.

[This message has been edited by dent guy (edited December 13, 1999).]

Hello. In you scenario, I'd use the pistol that was closest to me to get to a shotgun or rifle. I think what you're really asking is akin to this: You are in a room alone except that there is a .45ACP (Your choice of loads and gun) and a 9mm (You choice of gun and load) on a table. The .45 has two rounds and the 9mm has three. In 30 secs a psychopath will enter the room through the only door with an axe and do his best to kill you. Which do you choose? Best.

Back