Ammo for paper punching

N2GUNZ

I am just looking for some advice on a good ammunition for paper punching. I want something that is safe and economical. Listed below are a few brands I have considered.

Federal American Eagle
Remington UMC (Yellow Box)
Winchester USA (White Box)
PMC Target
Sellier & Bellot

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Of those listed, I've used S&B, Winchester USA, and PMC in 9mm. I have been satisfied with them all. S&B is usually the cheapest. I also was satisfied with the fives boxes of PMP that I tried. Century Arms has it for $55 for 500 rounds delivered.

I use the Remington, Winchester, and Federal ammo you listed, and have had no problems with, and noticed no difference between, any of them. I buy whichever I can get the best price on. WalMart has the UMC in 9mm for a regular price of $6.97 for 50 rounds. For other calibers, I stock up at guns shows or gun store sales. Bought Winchester USA in .45 for $10.25 recently. For on-line orders, I have had flawless service from ammoman.com, as has virtually everyone else who has ever commented on various forums.

I am not sure what caliber you are looking for, but I like Federal American Eagle .45 hardball when I want some factory ammo to try out. Winchester "white box" is good as well, but my Ruger P-90 shoots the Federal stuff really well.
I noticed a post about Georgia Arms ammo in this thread. I would give them high marks as well. I bought some of their 185 gr. +P .45 ammo, and it shot great.

Back