Ammo can. Can someone help identify.

mowin

Inactive
I got two of these gifted to me. I'd like to know more about them. I've looked online and seen some pics, but no other info.
What yrs were these used, collectable?
Thanks..

Attachments

• IMG_20200731_091928933.jpg
    IMG_20200731_091928933.jpg
    928.3 KB · Views: 169
It is a .30 ammo box in 8 round clips (surely into canvas bandoleers) for the M1 Garand rifle. Don't know the manufacturer...but looks like the ammo lot was manufactured during 1972. As far as I know the only arsenal that was still loading such ammo by the 70s was Salt Lake. But maybe somebody could give more information on that.

Last edited:
It is a .30 ammo box in 8 round clips (surely into canvas bandoleers) for the M1 Garand rifle. Don't know the manufacturer...but looks like the ammo lot was manufactured during 1972. As far as I know the only arsenal that was still loading such ammo by the 70s was Salt Lake. But maybe somebody could give more information on that.
Thanks for the info. Curious as to it's worth.

It is dangerous to shoot or even own. You should remove it from your residence immediately. Fortunately, I know how to properly dispose of it and as an act of selfless service to you I am willing to offer free disposal if you send it to me! :D

Seriously, you can look on armslist or GB and see what they’re going for. You will probably get a decent price at this point in time.

It is dangerous to shoot or even own. You should remove it from your residence immediately. Fortunately, I know how to properly dispose of it and as an act of selfless service to you I am willing to offer free disposal if you send it to me! :D

Seriously, you can look on armslist or GB and see what they’re going for. You will probably get a decent price at this point in time.
I looked on GB, but couldn't find the same thing.

Thanks for all the info guys. Really appreciate it. The guy I got theses from has 30-40 more in boxes.

Greek HXP 1972 ammo, good stuff, great brass for reloading. On par with any U.S. made brass. If you're not interested in holding on to it or have a Garand a guy can sell it at premium. Guys like the spam cans and it has the bandoleers and enblocs that are worth money after you shoot them.

Last edited:
Came in some years back and was distributed widely through the CMP. I have seen it in the $250 per can range give or take. Good stuff!

Ron

Back