Americans want more gun control?

Coinneach

Staff Alumnus
Yeah, sure.

Last month I placed an ad for my computer in the local fishwrap. In two weeks, I got two calls, no sale.

Today I started running another ad. I'm wanting to slim down my gun collection, so I put a rifle, two handguns, and a shotgun up for sale.

By noon, I'd gotten calls on all of them. I'm showing three tonight, the fourth tomorrow. All of the callers sound sincere, and none of them haggled about price.

So tell me again, who are all these people who want guns abolished?

------------------
A vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil.
Vote Libertarian - For A Change.

I put a topic up in Legal and Political about a survey done by a congressional rep. essentially people responded that they felt gun control was NOT a very important issue for congress to look at (survey from '98). I think this BS is originating in the media, and most media want guns banned. Since they do all the talking, it makes it look like the country wants more gun control, when in fact they really don't.

I guess we'll find out what the country really wants if gun control becomes a large issue in next year's elections. Remember how congress turned from dem to repub few yrs back essentially on the balanced budget issue?

Most Soviet subjec...err, citizens also wanted Communism. And everyone in Germany was in favor of NASDAP. And Chicom can do no wrong, just ask their press...

Yes, IMHO, the elitist media want more gun control, while the public at large does not. So politicians who play to the media and media-contrived polls (that's most politicians, these days) affect to want gun control, too. In the end, although both media and politicians claim to represent the will of the people, the people have, in fact, been left out of the equation. And that, of course, is part of the essence of gun control: the people can't be trusted with things like guns and opinions, so why listen to them anyway?

As othermarc suggests, the proof will be in the next election. After all, vote tallies on election day are harder to fake than polls!

Less than 50% of eligible voters participated in the last presidential election. Incessant media coverage, rigged polls and negative political attack ads equals massive voter apathy.
The future course of this nation is being decided by a progressively smaller group of "voters". Clinton and his elitist media pals know this. It doesn't take that many of "them" to win if none of "us" bother to vote!

Back