American Western Arms Peacekeeper

They are getting right popular with the Cowboy crowd. See:

http://www.sassnet.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=029280

and look around for more on the SASS Wire at SASSnet.com

You will see a lot of pros and cons. Quality seems variable, there has been a change in managment and the new folks are making great claims - and following through on at least some. I conclude from what I read that they are at least as good as the other Colt SAA clones on the market. Me, I shoot one real Colt and one Cimarron ASM. ASM was bought out by COWS to become AWA. Italian make, supposedly out of US materials, US assembly of current production. Kind of like the way USFA got started.

If you want bulletproof durability, and probably a lower risk of a lemon, buy Ruger, if you want the feel of the real thing, AWA is as good as any.

I don't know if expectations are up or quality down across the industry, but it sure seems that a gunmaker is pretty much defined by his warranty service these days.

Took a peek at their website. The firearms look nice but I've never used any of their product. For the price of $800 to $1000 and up I would want to shoot one and take a real good look at the craftsmanship as well as the warranty. At the price I'd just as soon buy a Ruger than take a chance if I had any doubt.

The Peacekeeper is readily available for $600.00 and according to the 6 or 8 people I know who have them, they are worth it.

The Longhorn is available for $365.00 locally and looks and feels like a good bet for that price.

Y'all take care..

:D

Back