Am I wrong Headed?.Part 2..

bookman

Well I just wanted to thank you guy's for the
feedback I got on my PP32..So I went out today and bought a copy of the Hi-Power made by FEG..And I am going to put the PP as back up..Now the question I have is the FEG as good as the Hi-Power and will all part's interchange or did I make a Boo Boo..

I don't know if ALL the parts interchange -- I suspect some don't -- but so what? If parts are available for your FEG, it shouldn't matter. Most aftermarket stuff, like sights, barrels, and grips, should interchange.

And if it shoots accurately, about the only modification you'll want are new grips and a trigger job.

I replaced the trigger, thumb safety, and stock panels on my FEG Hi-Power clone and didn't have any trouble getting the replacement parts to fit.

IMHO, it's a great pistol for the money, though the trigger needs a little work.

I've been very happy with my FEG "Hi-Power." My only complaint is the crappy trigger, but I've been told removing the magazine safety will help. The pistol has proven to be accurate and 100% reliable. I think I'm gonna put some Hogue grips on it, but other than that and the mag safety I'm leaving it alone. You got a lot of pistol for not much $$. Happy shooting--

Sic semper tyrannis

freedomlover

Love my FEG hi-power as well..(pjk 9hp) $225 with 2 hi caps bought right before the Brady Bill went into effect.

HOWEVER, if you are gonna carry it you need to put an extended safty on it (that factory one is ok for range work but a joke in a crisis situation... same for ALL hi-powers with the stock safty.)

Houge monogrips are a very nice ergonomic addition but remember that rubber can grab cloth and reveal your "concealed auto".

Buy a Pro-Mag or similar hi-cap (15 rounds) or one of those SA Cop magazines that hold 17 rounds.

The trigger is just fine, IMO. Disconnecting the mag safty sounds like a bad idea to me, if you can't bag your target in 13-15-17 shots you really are gonna have bigger problems than a quick magazine change.

All the aftermarket parts I've seen made for the BHP fit the FEG and require a minimum of hand fitting. Besides Magazines have been in production ALL over the world since 1935.

Dr.Rob

the FEG is one of the BEST values on the market today.

Back