Am I the only person who owns the P225?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshot

Inactive
I have what I consider to be one of Sig's best pistols ever made (my oponoin of course) I guess you do not hear much about it any more as it only has a magazine capacity of 8 and unless its compact with 10 or full size with 15 or more it is not considered a real pistol. I know I am being sarcastic, but does anyone own this pistol? If you have one and really want to sell it because you need compact or Hi Cap give me your best price I can unse another one.

IMHO the 225 is the best Sig ( not counting the 210 ) The fit is good and the trigger
is better than good also.

Hell no your not the only one. The 225 was the second Sig I bought and I like it alot. I tried the 239 but like the 225 better. Long live the 225.

John

I bought a P225 a couple of weeks ago, and I have been thinking the same thing. I mean, I love this gun! It fits my hand like no other, and points like a dream. But you just don't her as much about it... I think you're right. The 225 is at a point, size-wise, where the mag cap. is lower than some other comparably sized pistols. It isn't as small as the other 8rnd. 9mm. guns out there. But it feels like no other to me, so I'm gonna hold on to mine for quite a while, I think.

The P225 is one of my favorite pistols. I added P-T night sights and a Sprinco recoil reducer to it. The DA pull is a little heavy on mine so it wiil be getting an action job someday. For cool weather it has become my primary carry gun.

Dogger, act fast. K-Y Imports has used P225's for $329. I got mine for the same price from CDNN, but they are out.

I thought about getting a SIG P225 and ended up getting the P229 in .40S&W.

Well, now, I am trying to sell the P229, because 1) I have an H&K USP 40 Compact and 2) I can't really comfortably index the trigger of the P229, even with the "short" trigger.

Just out of curiosity, is P225 the same size as P228 and P229? Specifically, is the grip on P225 any thinner than the P228 and the P229?

Skorzeny

------------------
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. Sun Tzu

The grip is thinner and overall the gun feels smaller than the 228/229 (it is actuall .2 inches narrower and .2 inches shorter in height). It has a thinner feel than any of the other Sigs.

Marshot - I have a 220 and a 225. Single stack Sigs are great. Bought mine new last March for $429 and have never looked back. Its great for small handed people and a real pointer. This would have been a world stopper if Sig would have chambered it in .45.

Sierra, I had been after SIG for 15 years to chop a P220 down to the dimensions of a P225. They finally came out with the P245, not exactly what I had in mind.

When I sold my Glock 26 I looked high and low for a damn SIG p225. Could not find one anywhere. I had to settle for a P239 in 9mm, but it just does not fit my hand as well as the P225. Shoots great tho'. My only gripe is that the P225 does not have a reversable mag catch on it. Small thing, but all the pistols I own have a reversable mag catch that is set up for a lefthander. I would still like to get my paws on one...

------------------
"peace, love, joy, and happiness..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back