Am I missing something (SBS)

MagnumWill

Hi guys. I was driving home yesterday, and started thinking of this. (has nothing to do with driving. Sorry, I digress).

A lot of companies have been developing AR pistols, AK pistols (Dracos), the PLR-16 from Kel-Tec. Seeing how these are pistols that mimic their original rifle configurations- can this rule be applied to, say, a Serbu Shorty? What excludes them from this rule and makes them Class III? Caliber? Action? Please enlighten me. :)

All handguns require rifling, so smoothbore hand fired weapon is Any Other Weapon.

If it had a rifled bore it would become a destructive device as it is over .50 caliber.

If you build one up in rifled barrel .410 caliber you would be golden, they call those

Taurus Judge, S&W Governer, and others of the like.

If I understand it right...

If it's rifled and over .50 it's a destructive device and thus NFA. If it's a smoothbore and has always had only a pistol grip it's an AOW, smoothbore pistol, and NFA. If it has, or has ever had a stock it's an SBS and NFA. The Serbu is only a pistol grip so it's the best you can do at a $5 transfer.

The Serbu Super Shorty is a smooth bore pistol. It also has a vertical fore grip. Those two things put it solidly in AOW status.

...And they are a lot of fun!

6327799590_63c159aca8_n.jpg

Back