Am I jaded, trigger wise?

Nightcrawler

The only pistol I've fired to date was a Charles Daly 1911 clone. I had some problems with it, but I liked the trigger. It had a nice trigger, with little to no slack in it. (a not too gun-saavy friend described it as a hair trigger) Ever since my experience with that pistol, I've had little tolerance for firearms with creep, slack, or play in the trigger. For instance:

My Winchester 94: Has slack in the trigger that serves no purpose that I can see. I live with it, but don't like it.

I handled a military M9 (Beretta 92) in the guards. While the DA trigger pull was buttery smooth, the SA trigger pull was mushy compared to my 1911. Are all DA autos like this?

So, are my standards too high? I mean, the CD was kind of a "budget" 1911 clone, but it had a nice crisp trigger on it, and I more or less expect that from all my firearms, now.

My standards are the same way. I hate double-action triggers, triggers that are too heavy, and triggers that have any grit at all in the action. Thus, this knocs about 90% of the pistols on the market right out of the running for me.

Still, there are some fine guns out there with good triggers. Try out a CZ75 sometime, they have good triggers that can be made great with a little work. 1911s, Browning Hi-Powers, the H&K P7 series, etc.

I think the real problem is that the firearms industry's standards are too low.

Later,
Chris

Know I think your on to something Chris.
The attitude seems to be Well the Da pull is good so who cares about the SA pull or Well 50 bucks extra will put a GOOD trigger on it. CZ makes a great gun for a great price and their attitude seems good.

I used to shoot nothing but double action, until I tried a 1911. I have never been able to go back. :) (I still like DA guns, just not as my main serious use gun)

The trigger pulls are just so much nicer! I find that I can actually hit stuff with a single action.

Back