• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Am I an Idiot or is.....

Gunslinger

I just posted a new topic on the Handguns & Pistol Craft forum and for some reason the post would not appear on the forum. I attempted to repost it and eventually got the new topic to come up......three times!!! :o Talk about a waste of band width.
Am I just PWHUA (posting with head up...well you know) or is it something else? At any rate my apologies to the administator, moderators, fellow TFL members and any small children and/or family pets that may be on TFL.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

I don't see three posts there. ???

Some browsers fail to refresh automatically when you have created a new post. So, if you get the "Thanks for the post" message, it should be there, try the refresh button on your browser.

(BTW, you're not going crazy, I deleted the other 2. :) )

Thanks Mal. I went back and looked again and now there is only the one. I swear there were three just a few minutes ago. Since I don't drink I can't even use that for an excuse. Mine always automatically returns to the post or thread I've replied to but this one is a mystery.
Perhaps it was Gremlins, they're every here you know!

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Don't feel too crazy. I was in earlier this AM & did a reply to the "is my CCW worthless" thread ... thing hung up for about 10 minutes so I decided to just blow it off ... exited the PC altogether & shut it down.

Just back in & the post was there. Odd darned things! ;) Magic comes to mind somehow ...

Remember guys, the stuff you see is confirmation i.e:

you write your post --->you click submit, that transmits your post---->post received and software either adds it to corresponding html file or creates a new one------>software then accesses subroutine to bring up confirmation html file ("Thank you for posting your message Gunslinger")----->software then accesses subroutine to load html file of the thread you were in, or if you created thread it loads html file of forum summary page.

If the server is up, its almost a sure bet that your post went through...its the subroutines that happen after that generally hang

Thanks DC........I think. :)

------------------
Gunslinger

Back