Am I A Collector Or Do I have A Problem?

You are an "accumulator" so far.

A collector seeks specific models and variations until all their niches are filled.

I don't see a problem. Bills paid? Kids have shoes, enough to eat? if yes, then no problem. :D

You say "collector" like it's a bad thing. ;)

I always thought those little H&R guns were cool. I've owned a couple...three over the years.

Never a problem as long as there's room for one more

Am I A Collector Or Do I have A Problem?

Folks have differing terms;
Collection
Investment
Works of art
Hobby
Armory !!!

I see a "Vintage" Collector that has room for one more !!!

Be Safe !!!

Last edited:
Scorch….My “collection” has about 40+ handguns of numerous brands. My post title was a joke. But no one like a gun brand snob, they all have their uses.

Great times

The only problem I see is that it's an H&R.
Ouch, that hurts and brings to mind, my first handgun that I used on my trap-line at the age of 15. I am of "Vintage" age and sure wish, I had it back. .... :mad:

Be Safe !!!

.22 mag

Can't advice on your mental circumstances.:) However, I really like that H&R.

I was never a fan of the .22 mag, 'till my Dad's Ruger S-Six came to me and I installed the .22 mag cylinder that came with it. Despite the cost of .22 mag these days, it seems useful in revolvers, delivering honest .22 lr ballistics from the short handguns, and better from even longer tubes.

That blue collar H&R should be a real workhorse and I have my eye open for one. Another, a step up and a real head turner, is the later models of the High Standard Sentinel.

Gary's (that's me) definitions...

Collector: One who obtains multiples of similar products and may not necessarily have need for them.

Acquirer: Also called an accumulator. Someone who has many not necessarily related items for no other reason than they like them.

Investor: A person that buys into "stuff" with long range plans on someday selling at a profit. This person is generally married and uses this description of self to allay their SO's financial concerns.

I've posted this elsewhere, but it applies here.

Collector, or accumulator? I think there's a difference.

As an example, someone who has or wants every Colt Gold Cup caliber / variation to me is a collector, while a shooter who over time acquires many similar 1911's in various brands, models and calibers and has the financial means to not have to sell to acquire more and / or has separation anxiety I'd call an accumulator :)

If you've ever seen the TV show hoarders, I'd call them accumulators more than collectors!

I'm afflicted with all three types, hang on... the wife is long gone so my investment claims are also long gone! :-)

I hope this helps all of you put these issues to rest who are struggling with internal and external conflict.

Last edited:
I love seeing those old H & R's .

When I was a kid bumming around hunting and fishing camps you saw more of them on the older guy's hips than any other brand.

To a 10 year old they were about as cool as they come :cool:

Back