Always wear glasses and diptics when needed

AzShooter

At the range today sighting in my newest Mark IV 22/45 Lite with a Vortex Viper scope I noticed right off that I needed to adjust the sights slightly to the left.

I brought the 2 wrenches that came with the scope and thought those were what I needed to do the adjustments. My eyes are bad enough that I couldn't see what type of adjustment screws were used.

Since those wrenches didn't work I thought I needed metrics. No problem I have a set of those at home. (They didn't work either).

Then I put on my 2x biotics and saw that the lock and elevaton + windage movement was done with a very small screw driver. Smaller than anything I had with me at the range. When I got home I just screwed the adjustments the amount needed to bring the sights dead on.

Hate when that happens ... I usually employ the assistance of a young person to help in those situations [emoji3]

I found some shooting/safety glasses with a bifocal type "reading" insert that help to keep from switching back-and-forth with my reading glasses.

When caught without my readers I've resorted to taking a photo with my phone and then zooming in. Useful trick.

Let there be light!

The eyesight grows more challenging as the years roll by.

The secret sauce for me is good lighting. I've been using my high intensity LED flashlights more often.

If you are struggling the first thing to do is to get some bright light on the subject.

Back