Alternative to barrel band

2shots

Does Brownell's carry a swivel stug similar to those found on old big bore Models 70s? My Czech Mauser has a fluted barrel (25''), so a barrel band won't work. The barrel is so heavy that the rifle tips when a sling is attached to the stud in the stock.

2shots, sorry I overlooked your question yesterday, but Brownells does carry a few that might work for you. If you have catalogue 52 look on page 100 and 101. If you don't have the book go to their website and search for swivel. www.brownells.com. George

Thanks, George. Adding a front swivel base is becomming a real problem. Yesterday I looked over the 25'' fluted barrel and found the bottom flute not quite in line with the rifle. Tapping and installing a swivel stud would end up a bit cockeyed. So it looks like I'll have to go with a barrel band. If you remember an earlier post, this is the Kimber-Mauser in 7Rem.mag with a heavy barrel that tips off of my shoulder.

Have you ever considered African carry (barrel down)? I use it for my shotgun and it's very fast into action. I guess if your barrel is that long though you might have some concern about the crown getting dinged up from objects on the ground.

bkm...

------------------
Anyone worth shooting, is worth shooting twice...

Back