Almost succeded.

Panfisher

Got invited to tag along with a couple of USDA volunteer hog trappers who had set a trap in an area I located. I was along for flank security I think. When we got close to the trap and I was scanning for pigs outside of it, there was a shot, turned just in time to see the trapper had put a .223 into the head of the big sow. He said "I didn't want no attitude out of her. We walked up to the trap and they out with a couple of .22 mag semi auto pistols and started in on the 50-60 lb juveniles. By the time my ears quit ringing we were dragging out the sow and 6 juveniles out of the pen. Fortunately we could drive close, and had a place with shade, electricity, and running water to take then for processing. A few hours later all are skinned, gutted and in, coolers, one of them mine. So while I didn't got to pull the trigger on a feral hog I was there when it happened. According to the camera there is still a boar and what looked like a young sow still around. Hopefully they will go in too. While a fair out of work it sure was a good time. And met a couple of good fellers in the process.

Back