Alliant a most popular powder?

FoghornLeghorn

Midway has recently increased their smokeless powder inventory. Accurate, Hogdon, IMR, Ramshot, Vihtavuori, Winchester.

But no Alliant as of yet.

Midway formerly used a partner company to ship smokeless powder, rather than stocking powders. Looks like they do not yet have an Alliant supplier, and no inventory, thus ALL "temporarily unavailable".
Nothing to do with demand for specific powders.

Yep. They probably aren't located where the fire regs will let them have a powder magazine. Zoning can be picky that way.

probably aren't located where the fire regs will let them have a powder magazine

Yet, they have a decent (under the current circumstances) supply of Accurate, Hogdon, IMR, Ramshot, Vihtavuori, Winchester........

There must be some additional impediment to acquiring Alliant powders.

There must be some additional impediment to acquiring Alliant powders.
Ok. There must be.
They still do not have any.
Midsouthshooterssupply.com has only a few.
Theorizing will not make desired stock materialize.
You can email Midway customer service and ask.
But, No Got means No Got.

You are welcome. Some years back I was drying primers and it was pointed out I had created a glass hand grenade by putting them in a glass jar.

Ergh! I may not always be sharpest knife but I paid attention and interesing to find out that Primers are true explosives and smokeless powder is not exactly (propellant) though its rated in that explosive annex.

More or less one goes boom and the other fizzles.

Contain it enough of course and no release and it will blow as well.

A burning oxygen generator took down a jet in Florida some years back. Ergo, not allowed on aircraft in any form other than finished ammo and that limited.

Of interest to AK folks. Powder and primers come up on a barge. You can truck through Canada but you need permits that cost.

Most won't even ship to AK and those that do the cost is insane.

Midway used to use Powder Valley which is why you got hit for two hazmats if primers shipped from Midway and your powder shipped from PV. Midway DOES have a new facility to warehouse powder; previously, their location was not far enough away from a major road.

Last edited:
Back