All this Nagant Revolver talk....got to me so..

deerslayer303

I just ordered one. I ordered a hand select Tula, don't know if it will make a difference. And I'm not to impressed with classic arms but that is another thread I will start in the appropriate area!

I'm really enjoying mine.

Now I need a Mosin to go with it.

I just wish ammo was a lil easier to find.

I got one a few weeks back that is in perfect shape. It is a tulua with the star on it, and at $120 out the door local, you cant beat it! Mine was surplus recon'd nicely. I have only cleaned it up, and loaded it. I have not fired it yet, but can't wait. I have a m57 tokarev, and a 91/30 so I am all commied out!:D

i have two 91/30's at home, a round and hex reciever so this revolver will fit the group perfectly!! Since im getting it at a gunshow, there should be some ammo there as well. I know it does kinda suck that there are only like 2 manufactors of this ammo still, at least that i know of.

Shoots the Nagant round (pretty rare). From what I have read its similar to a .32 but I could be wrong. The price of the gun goes for around $100 but the ammo is close to $30 :eek: a box. I have read its hard to reload also.

As far as ammo goes a lot of people are using .32 Long or .32 H&R Magnum instead of the genuine stuff. Much cheaper and seems to perform well. You will get mutilated cases, but unless you had planned on reloading that doesn't hurt anything.

I tried .32 Long in my Nagant. Won't do that again! It took forever to clean the lead splatter off the cylinder and frame. Also the guys standing anywhere near the gun felt splatter hitting them too. I'll stick to the real stuff when I can find and afford it. Or better yet, the gun will probably just hang from the rack with the rest of my collection.

I bought some from Aim surplus and they are 21 bucks a box. I too will only shoot the genuine nagant ammo, and I didn't buy it for a range gun either so the little bit of shooting that I will do with it, buying the stuff it was designed to shoot is ok by me. Still waiting on it to come in can't wait.

yeah you can get the 7.62 nagant ammo online for $20 so its all i plan to shoot out of it. Why shoot something thats not meant to be shot out of it

It's only worth it to shoot 32 if you can get it cheap. At the store, 32 long is not any cheaper so there's no reason to. I used to find it at gun shows for around 15 per box, half the price of the real stuff. That was the only reason it was worth it. I got rid of mine though, it wouldn't fire properly. It would decock when I pulled the trigger instead of shoot. Sometimes, the hammer would drop properly and the gun still wouldn't shoot.

Get .32s&wl for $14 a box at AIM Surplus. Not sure what shipping is but it beats $22 or more per box and paying shipping as well. I reload .32s&wl for another gun. When the brass gets a bit old, I load them up for the Nagant, 'cause they're ruined after that.

I got my nagant revolver all cleaned up. This thing dont look like its been shot much at all. The blue on the cylinder is a little wore, but I may have did that cleaning it. I doubt it though, I just took it all the way apart and dumped it in the sink with super hot water and dawn. Scrubbed it down and put the parts in the oven to dry. I want to get one with the lighter colored grips.

002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

Last edited:
There are some reloading options if you're not into paying for factory ammo. Rather than reinvent the wheel, just do a search on Google. It involves either using .30 carbine dies or resizing (I believe) .32-20 shells with a Lee die.

Me, I don't shoot my Nagants often enough to worry about it. I just buy the factory stuff.

yeah I'm with ya, at 21 bucks a box its really not any more expensive than say .45acp. These won't be range pistols for me either, just the occasional range time.

Has anyone found a modern style holster to fit these? I just may make this one my side arm for venturing in the woods, I like it, much more than I thought I would.

i also was wondering if there was any holsters out there that would fit this thing. I mean the holster it comes with is pretty cool and you can fit ammo in it, but its just alittle to big and bulky

Back